Founded by two machine learning experts (Cambridge PhD and Mila PhD) and a former industry executive, J2- Reliance is an R&D consultancy with an obsession for transforming data and technologies into business value. We are experts in identifying what and how cutting-edge technologies from various research fields can be leveraged to solve a hard business problem. We develop and deploy the corresponding solutions end-to-end.
In the retail space, we have successfully applied Language Modelling techniques (Transformers) to the development of powerful recommender systems, and we have built deep learning models for demand forecasting in complex business contexts. Building up on this success, we have been selected to be a strategic partner for a leading retail franchise with a three-year mandate to lead the AI strategy and developments centered on core missions: product recommendation, supply chain optimisation and pricing optimisation.
Outside the retail sector we are supporting multiple tech start-ups and leading Machine Learning projects in the pharmaceutical sector.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for talented engineers and applied scientists with an intense curiosity in Machine Learning and Computer Science and the will to solve concrete business problems in a different way. We value intellectually creative, bold, courageous, and self- demanding individuals from a wide variety of technical and scientific backgrounds.
The successful candidate will work on a diversity of projects within a long-term R&D mission for a leading retail brand concerned with the development of product recommendation, supply chain optimisation.
- The translation of business problems or objectives into concrete engineering and data science solutions, in liaison with your Program Manager or with the client directly
- The implementation of Data preparation and exploration pipelines, including the appropriate data visualisation to build a strong data understanding in every project.
- The development of Machine Learning models and the running of the related experimental work: designing, training and tuning models that best solve a business problem. Deeply analysing the results to intuit model improvements.
- The implementation and delivery of data science solutions as production-grade packages
- Communicating your results and collaboration with other stakeholders including clients.
- Strong software engineering and Object-Oriented Programming skills, preferably using Python
- Strong general Machine Learning expertise (PyTorch proficiency preferred)
- Capacity for synthesis: an ability to transform complex multidimensional data into synthetic insights for the use of business decision makers
- Curiosity for understanding business objectives and integrating them in a technical development strategy
- Experience with high dimensional time series modelling and forecasting
- Experience with representation learning in contexts such as Collaborative Filtering or Language Modelling (e.g. Transformers)
- Experience with tuning frameworks such as Ray Tune or Optuna
- Exposure to the deployment of Machine Learning models in production
- Experience of delivering an end-to-end project autonomously
- Data manipulation using query languages like SQL
Why Join Us
- Freedom to express tech and scientific creativity and work on ambitious projects
- Ability to have a direct impact on customer value and long-term AI strategy
- Opportunity to see your work deployed in production
- Ownership of projects (high degree of autonomy and responsibility)
- Collaborative environment and mentorship from experienced scientists and engineers
- Taking part in the long-term development of a young company